Heather Farm Monday Feb. 18

rosita94598

I was just a few minutes late, but the Tropical Kingbird was just north of the wooden railing this morning.  It was well seen by Fred Safier and photographed by a mostly non-birder friend, Walter.  At least one Cackling Goose was on the lawn between the concrete pond and the rose garden, four common sparrows and the CA Towhee were all seen, some Buffleheads and Ring-necked Ducks remain, along with the Common Goldeneye.  A Mockingbird came to the ground south of the equestrian rings to investigate the seeds I throw for the sparrows, then looked around as if to say, "That's it?"

Hugh B. Harvey