Palm warbler

Teale Fristoe

This afternoon I got lunch at Doyle Hollis Park with a couple of friends and looked for the continuing Palm Warbler. We had a brief view of the bird in a tree along 62nd shortly after we first arrived, around 1:30, but it quickly flew off to the northeast, apparently to the gated parking lot across the street. After lunch, around 2:30, we found it again at the edge of the sedges to the west of the bathroom before it flew back into the trees along 62nd. It was much more cooperative this time and gave good looks for maybe fifteen minutes before it disappeared in a small patch of sedges in the sidewalk. It's quite a beautiful sight when it's in those flowering trees!

Good birding,
Teale Fristoe
Berkeley