[EBB_Sightings] Merlin - Contra Loma R. P. - 2/3

EBB-Support

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Paul Schorr pkschorr@... [EBB_Sightings]" <EBB_Sightings-noreply@...>
Date: February 3, 2019 at 6:22:00 PM HST
To: EBB <EBB_Sightings@...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Merlin - Contra Loma R. P. - 2/3

Today we did a pre-Super Bowl outing to Contra Loma R. P. where we enjoyed periods of light rain, bright sunshine and some spectacular rainbows.

Merlin: Along the East Side Dr., we had very good views of a male Merlin.

Tricolored Blackbird: Near the boat ramp we spotted several in a mixed flock of blackbirds.

Osprey: There were two Ospreys searching the reservoir for recently-planted trout.

Burrowing Owl: We also spotted this bird along the East Side Drive.

American White Pelican: We counted eight on the reservoir.

Good birding,

Paul Schorr
Antioch