Re: Birds in Alamo today

Herb and Randi Long

Thanks.  We have those same birds here in Lafayette close to the Reservoir.

On Thursday, January 17, 2019, 4:03:44 PM PST, rosita94598 via Groups.Io <rosita94598@...> wrote:

I spent an hour or so with Jean Richmond at her Alamo house today. It rained, it slacked off, but many birds were coming to her feeders and backyard.  She has a White-throated Sparrow which comes in, but the couple of times I have been there since the new year it has not shown.  A Fox Sparrow was also very shy today and did not show.  But there were plenty of White- and Golden-crowned Sparrows, House Finches, Lesser and American Goldfinches, both Towhees, Chickadees, a Bewick's Wren, Juncos and a White-breasted Nuthatch.

The rain may have kept her Nuttall's and Downy Woodpeckers away, as well as the Mourning Doves.  She has been seeing them regularly, and usually I do, too.  Since I left shortly after 2 PM, it may have been too  early for the Hermit Thrush to show.  She told me she also has had many Robins and Cedar Waxwings on occasion.

Hugh B. Harvey