Re: Summer tanager at Claremont canyon

Alan Howe

I finally managed to see him, after months of trying, around 3;00 this afternoon. He was in the first couple of oak trees to your right as you descend the trail/road from the eucalyptus copse with the rope swings. If I hadn't seen some acorn woodpeckers fly into the trees & stopped to look @ them, I wouldn't have seen the tanager who was hopping around in the interior of the downhill tree & making no noise. He stuck around quite a while & may have still been there when I left around 3:30 or so.

Alan Howe
North Oakland

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 12:33:41 PM PST, Teale Fristoe <fristoe@...> wrote:

I just saw the tanager again, this time flying between eucalyptus branches between the first and second switchbacks.

Teale Fristoe
Berkeley