Re: Birds in Heather Farm Friday January 18--and one more

Alan Bade

Thanks Harvey, for the tip on the Wood Duck! Wendy and I went over this afternoon to the Olympic Blvd Staging area and walked west along the creek side trail. In one of the first bends, we saw two males and one female wood ducks. We were fortunate to get a good look at them. But, they were very skittish. To see them, we had to slowly and quietly creep up to the edge and peer over. Otherwise they immediately flew up or downstream.
We then walked west on the trail for a while. On our way back, we tried again, and saw 4 birds, but can't confirm that all four were wood ducks. They were too quick. Thanks again.

Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill