Yes, Summer Tanager continues at Claremont Canyon

Lee Friedman

At 10:50 this morning, I found and photographed the continuing Summer Tanager at Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve. It was in the oaks about 10 yards down the trail from the bench at the first view point reached as one ascends the trail. It remained in the two adjacent oaks for at least 30 minutes, and several other birders that came along then were also able to enjoy it. I think this is likely the same bird discovered at this site back in October by John Colbert and Erica Rutherford.

Summer Tanager: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99583878@N06/46578939701/in/dateposted-public/

Good birding,

Lee Friedman