Barrow's Goldeneye - Antioch City Reservoir - 121/31

Paul Schorr

This afternoon, on return home from an errand, I made a brief stop at the Antioch City Reservoir. The gusting winds created rough water and heavy white caps, so it was challenging trying to spot the birds that were diving and only on the surface briefly. However, among the mixed flock of Buffleheads and goldeneyes, I did spot a single male Barrow’s Goldeneye. However, there may have been additional Barrow’s among the numerous Common Goldeneyes.

In addition, among the 50+ Canada Geese on the adjacent Lone Tree Golf Course, there were at least three Aleutian Cackling Geese.

Happy New Year and Happy Birding in 2019.

Paul Schorr
Antioch