Summer Tanager continues today in Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve

David Quady and Nancy Boas

Birders:

About 12:45 pm today, the adult male Summer Tanager appeared in the oak tree described yesterday by Bob Toleno and Juli Chamberlin. It is located at
37.8639434, -122.2432396 on the Stonewall - Panoramic Trail, in Oakland. A half-hour or so later, as I walked down the trail toward Belrose Ave in Berkeley to fetch my car, I joined a few birders who had relocated the tanager in eucalyptus trees a couple hundred yards down from where it first appeared.

Good luck to others who seek the bird.

And happy New Year.

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California