Slate-colored Fox in the yard

Noah Arthur

This afternoon a very distinctive Fox Sparrow that appears to be a ‘SLATE-COLORED’ FOX SPARROW showed up at my Oakland Hills backyard feeding station. Soft, relatively pale medium gray face and back, contrasting with reddish wings — very unlike the dark, muddy, uniform upperparts of ‘Sooty’ Foxes (which have also been frequenting the yard).
Unfortunately this was just before I left for the airport to fly down here to Ventura for Christmas. I think I’ll be back home by the end of the week though; I’m hoping the bird sticks. If anybody wants to come see the bird if it’s still around by then, give me a call or email!
Noah Arthur (Oakland)510-967-2179semirelicta@yahoo.com