Parrot or Parakeet in Oakland

David Robinson

Yesterday, late afternoon (4:30pm), I heard what sounded like a parrot outside my apartment (1337 E 28th St, Oakland). I went outside and located the bird in a palm tree next to our parking lot. I got only brief, partial glimpses of it, but recorded its vocalizations using my iPhone's Voice Memo app. Not good quality, but good enough to identify the bird as a parrot or parakeet, I believe:

https://soundcloud.com/eclecticsoundlover/parrot-in-palm-tree-on-e-28th-st-12-17-18/s-pPtdG https://soundcloud.com/eclecticsoundlover/parrot-in-palm-tree-on-e-28th-st-12-17-18/s-pPtdG

This morning, just after 8am, I heard the bird again, in the same tree. Couldn't get a glimpse, but recorded it again:

https://soundcloud.com/eclecticsoundlover/parrot-in-palm-tree-again-on-28th-st-811am-12-18-18/s-clRXy https://soundcloud.com/eclecticsoundlover/parrot-in-palm-tree-again-on-28th-st-811am-12-18-18/s-clRXy