Heather Farms 9/14

bade_alan@...

Good morning- we had a nice 2 hour visit to HF today. Thanks for the previous posts! We were hoping for the Hermit and Townsends warblers, but didn't see them. We saw;

  1. Probably 6 to 8 Black Throated Gray warblers. Working the oaks on the west side. Beautiful birds!
  2. 4 or 5 Yellow warblers.
  3. One Yellow rumped warbler (definitely). At least one, maybe two. I'll try to put in ebird and see if it rejects it like others have reported.)
  4. One Common yellowthroat. West shore.
  5. Possibly an Orange Crowned warbler, but not sure.
  6. Snowy and Great Egrets.
  7. One Green heron.
  8. One Male Kingfisher.
  9. Flocks of Bushtits.
  10. Warbling Vireo.
  11. One Hutton's Vireo.
  12. Two Lark Sparrows.
  13. Downy Woodpecker
  14. Bewick's Wren
  15. The usual suspects like Black Phoebe, Oak Titmice, House Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Nuthatch, Nuttals Woodpecker, Cal Towhees, Chestnut Backed Chicadees, M. Dove, Annas HB. Etc.
--Alan Bade