Black Scoter in Richmond Marina

Sheila Dickie

Hi everyone

At 3:45 p.m. this afternoon, Dec. 29, I saw a female Black Scoter swimming in
the Richmond Marina.  It was seen from the boardwalk on the bay side of Salute
Marina Bay restaurant swimming with a male Bufflehead. It was maybe 10 feet
 from where I was standing.   It then flew a few yards and was joined
by some Surf Scoters.  The birds eventually swam out of the marina and headed
toward the first row of moored boats.

Directions: From 580 West -- take the Marina Bay/S 23rd Exit. At the base of the
exit turn left back over freeway.  You are on Marina Bay.  Come through a couple
of traffic lights, cross the RR tracks and turn right on Regatta.  At the first
stop sign turn left into Melville Square.  Keeping to the right (it's a large
parking lot) turn right on Esplanade and drive until you see Aminis by the Bay
restaurant on your left.  Park.  The marina is on your left and Salute is just
beyond Aminis.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond