American White Pelicans, San Leandro Bay

Mark Featherstone

Apart from hundreds of Brown Pelicans, I saw four American White Pelicans on San Leandro Bay this morning about 9:30 (low tide). The location is more or less opposite the Aeolian Yacht Club - meaning the yacht club is on the north shore of the bay, and I was standing on the south shore. The lat/long is 37.748117 - 122.234291. Three of them were quite close to shore and much more amenable to being photographed than the Brown Pelicans which, though plentiful, keep their distance.