Lake Temescal Banded Green Heron

Robert Firehock

Birders-

A banded green heron is back at Lake Temescal. Some may remember we had
this last year and, after guidance from a couple of you and help from a
couple photographer/birders--Doug and Kent--we were able to 'read' the
full band number with a high degree of certainty and JD Bergeron
confirmed it as one that his group, IBR, had banded/released.

If you are at Lake Temescal with a camera and see an adult Green, please
look to see if there is a silver band on its right leg. It would be
above the first leg joint. It's not always visible and sometimes I don't
see it but it's in the photos I take. If you can get a full zoom, good
resolution shot of the leg/band, you may find when you enlarge it later
you can read some numbers. If so, please share them with me off-thread,
so as not to clutter EBB further.

Last visit there was a second adult w/o a band, as well as what I took
to be a juvenile apparently molting to another plumage stage.

Thank you,
Bob Firehock