FW: PRNS lighthouse access closure

judisierra

Probably of interest to birders not on the NBB or SF bird lists

Point Reyes Lighthouse (and Trees) No Access Starting Aug 6
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:01 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
"Carlo Arreglo" auntiestrophe
Good evening birding community!
I would much rather report sightings but, sadly, I am reporting that the start of the much-needed repairs and restoration to the Point Reyes Lighthouse begins on Saturday Aug 6 and is scheduled to run until "on or about Oct 6."
Unfortunately, there will be no public access beyond the LH parking lot so that means no access to the trees along the road between the parking lot and the lighthouse visitor center.
This is an obvious disappointment for us birders, especially during fall migration. However, it is exciting that a project about 10 years in the making is finally getting underway and that the 1870 lighthouse will undergo restoration. The other "hot spots" in the Outer Point are not subject to the same closures.
Update: Restoration work begins on Monday, August 6, 2018. - Point Reyes National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)