Mount Diablo Tuesday July 17

rosita94598

Did a bike ride today up the mountain, it was warmer than I would have liked.  Near the North Gate Road entry were Mockingbirds and Eur Collared-Doves.  After the first house on the right, I had a Western Kingbird and Lark Sparrow on the fence lines.  A Red-tailed Hawk was calling high up the hillside someplace below Turtle Rock.  At the Junction I heard Ash-throated Flycatchers and there were more a bit higher.  After Pioneer some Blue-gray Gnatcatchers were in the trees along the road.  Several places there were Scrub Jays, which I actually saw.  The Flycatchers and Gnatcatchers were heard only.  Oh, heard Acorn woodpeckers and saw a Flicker, too.

Hugh B. Harvey