Bradford Island access issues, June 15th

Jeff Hoppes

 I birded Bradford Island this morning (Friday, June 15) in search of the Bell's Vireo. The vireo was singing at the previously noted location between 9:30 and 11. Shortly after 11 I and another birder were asked to leave by an island resident who told us that the willow patch with the vireo was his family's property, and that birding was not permitted at that location (even from the road), as the road itself was also private property. I don't have the expertise to evaluate the accuracy of that claim, but thought it was worth passing along to this list for the information of birders considering future visits to the island.

 Good birding,
 Jeff Hoppes
 Richmond