Hutton's Vireo Nest

Anne Krysiak

A pair of Hutton's Vireos built a nest on the crossbeam under my patio roof. We first noticed the birds working on the nest in early May. On May 25, the mama began sitting on the nest full-time. The male bird was hanging around. When he would call, she would leave the nest. This past Saturday, I noticed feeding behavior for the first time. It looks like both birds are feeding the chicks although only the mom sits on the nest. There were three eggs that I could see, but I have only seen two heads sticking up from the nest.

I have pictures to share but am not certain how to upload them.