Heather Farm Park Walnut Creek Monday June 11

rosita94598

I saw Fred Safier before arriving to the park today.  He told me he found an Ash-throated Flycatcher on the west side of the large, mostly natural pond.  The bird then flew in the direction of the equestrian rings.  I thanked him and spent quite a bit of time searching there from my bike, pausing, listening and looking.  I could not re-locate this bird.

The city is starting to clean the pond, having the large pond skimmer machine brought in today.  This is an annual event, sometimes it happens a second time later in the summer.  On occasion, the machine seems to be abandoned near the gravel boat ramp for long periods of time.  They ususally work on the concrete pond too.

Hugh B. Harvey