Robbery at Middle Harbor

Megan Jankowski

Hi everyone, I was robbed at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park this evening (Wednesday) by four men who took my bag, my tripod and my scope. I realize the scope especially presents a pretty lucrative-looking target, but I live nearby and have always felt safe birding at this location since it has on-site security. Be safe out there, and if anyone has tips about finding stolen scopes, please let me know.

Of birding note, this was the first time this year I've seen Brown Pelicans there, and there were about 50.

Megan Jankowski
Oakland, CA