Flycatcher and Sparrow, Pt Pinole, Richmond

Sheila Dickie

Yesterday, April 15, there was an Ash-throated Flycatcher in the small copse on the corner of the Sobrante and Cook's Point Trails (near the new Atlas parking lot) at Pt Pinole Regional Shoreline Park, Richmond, just before 2 p.m. It was still there when I was on my way out of the park at 4 p.m. In the same spot there were several hummingbirds floating about in the under-story; one Selasphorus and a couple of Anna's. They looked like either females or young birds.

Round about 3:45 p.m. there was a spectacular adult Lark Sparrow foraging along the grassy edge of the Cook's Point Trail near the restrooms in the Atlas parking lot (opposite the large meadow).

Sheila Dickie
Richmond