Osprey nest active in Alameda

VerneN

A pair of Ospreys, probably the ones from last year, has begun repairs to the weather damaged nest from last year that is on a "tower" at the end of a protected jetty at the south end of Monarch Street on the (former) Alameda Naval Air Station. I monitored the nest from 1-4pm yesterday. For about two hours the male (smaller one) was bringing in mostly dried Anise sticks. Then they both flew off presumably the feed. Just as I was leaving, the female returned.

Here's a photo of the male bringing in a very long Anise stick:

https://bit.ly/2IOHvdz