Eastern Phoebe, Miller Knox, March 19

Sheila Dickie

The Eastern Phoebe reported originally by Laura Look was seen by Elizabeth Sojourner and me at about 4:45 p.m. today, Monday, March 19, at Miller Knox Regional Shoreline Park, Richmond. The bird was first seen about 50 yards north of the Marsh Hawk picnic area in a pink flowering eucalyptus next to the second set of picnic tables on the lawn area. It then flew left to a group of three piney type trees next to the lagoon. We watched the bird for about 15 minutes before losing it. The phoebe was in the company of Western Bluebirds and Yellow-rumped Warblers. When it was first spotted in the eucalyptus it had flown in above our heads from the right.

Thank you Laura.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond