Barn Owl Question

David Robinson

I live in Oakland (close to Highland Hospital). A couple of nights ago, about 9pm, a trio of barn owls (adult size, from what I could see in the very low light) were circling above my building.  Last spring, a pair of barn owls nested in a palm tree across the street, and they raised four chicks which eventually fledged and learned to fly (often very comically).

So, my question:  How long do Barn Owl families stay together?  How long do youngsters hang out with the parents after learning to fly?  How long do siblings hang out together?

David