Tilden Nature Area, Jewel Lake

George A Suennen

Hello all,

Went back to Tilden Park to confirm the sapsucker we had spotted on Friday.  This time I got a good look and identified it as a young Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.  I posted some photo on my website at http://birds.avianist.com/2018/180205-Jewel-Lake .

Also got some photos of the Varied Thrush (saw 6 today) that I missed last week.  The kingfisher is still at the lake, the Fox sparrows were acting pretty tame allowing me to get very close (almost like the California Towhees) and also saw a Northern Flicker.

Best Regards,

George

http://birds.avianist.com