Nesting Anna's and Ruby-crowned Kinglet with ruby crown showing

George A Suennen

Hello,

Took a walk yesterday afternoon at the Canyon Trail Park in El Cerrito and saw many Ruby-crowned Kinglets, one with his red crown clearly visible. Also saw many Anna's Hummingbirds, with one female on it's next. Seems early in the year for these signs of Spring.

Other birds sighted were Lesser Goldfinch, House Finch, White-crowned Sparrow, American Robin, Dark-eyed Junco, California Towhee, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and a White-tailed Kite. At first I thought the Kite was a seagull gliding by overhead, but it circled and flew like a raptor. After looking at the photos I confirmed it was a White-tailed Kite.

I posted some photos on my website at http://birds.avianist.com/2018/180127-Canyon-Trail

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com