Pt Pinole Selasphorus Hummingbird

Sheila Dickie

At Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline Park on Sunday, January 14, there was a Selasphorus Hummingbird foraging in Coyote Brush along the Sobrante Trail which runs along one side of the new Atlas Parking Lot, near the junction with Cooks Point Trail. Also seen hovering over the large meadow opposite the new parking lot was a White-tailed Kite. I bird the park quite often and it has been quite a while since I have seen a kite there. Also saw one perched near the Dotson Family Marsh earlier which may have been the same bird. The Peregrine Falcon was perched on the old pier next to the Fishing Pier out at the Point, just to the right of the osprey nest. Time for all this was mid to late afternoon. Many Yellow-rumped Warblers throughout the park also.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond