Snow Goose, Heather Farm Park, Walnut Creek

tracy_farrington

During our Mt. Diablo Audubon Young Birders Club CBC at Heather Farm Park, one adult SNOW GOOSE was spotted on the natural pond, found among ~30 Canada Geese. This is a first sighting, for me, at this location, and I know of no others that have been confirmed. Perhaps Hugh Harvey, Fred Safier or other birders could provide some input.

Later in the morning, it was walking about on land, and seemed somewhat approachable, not particularly shy. From all I could tell, its appearance and movements indicated a healthy bird. It was not banded.

I also had a flyover GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL, another very unusual sighting for HF.

Good CBC's to all,

Tracy Farrington