Heather Farm Birds in Walnut Creek

rosita94598

Yesterday I was surprised to see 21 Double-crested Cormorants in the cement pond in Heather Farm Park of Walnut Creek. Today I counted 25. I have not asked if the pond was recently stocked with fish, but I cannot think of another reason.

Also in the same pond this morning was a female Hooded Merganser. It has been several years since I have seen one in the park.

Two male and two female Buffleheads have been present for several days.

The White-throated Sparrow came out of the bushes south of the equestrian area at 8 AM.

Hugh B. Harvey