From: "'Dave Weber' dwbirdster@... [EBB_Sightings]" <EBB_Sightings-noreply@...>
Date: 10/30/17 12:46 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: EBB_Sightings@...
Subject: RE: [EBB_Sightings] Re: Arrowhead Marsh (10/29/2017) - Nelson's Sparrows  - More Details Oct 30

First sighting was of one Nelson’s Sparrow. I was just across the bridge portion of the boardwalk looking back to the brushy shoreline west of the start of the boardwalk. In the first clump of bushes I saw a Nelson’s Sparrow perched at 9:25am. It disappeared but reappeared after a few minutes in the same place, then flew across the channel to the marsh. I think this was getting close to high tide. Twenty minute later, while standing in the same place on the boardwalk, two Nelson’s Sparrows popped in the marsh grass along the west side of the boardwalk and were both in view long enough for Bob Dunn and Aaron Maizlish to get on them. This might help if the birds continue. Four Blue-winged Teal were seen much earlier from the end of the boardwalk. Jerry, Jerry!

Dave Weber,

Milpitas