FIELD SPARROW photographed at Gomes Park, Fremont

Bob Toleno

(Acting as the messenger)

Bill Chen found and photographed a FIELD SPARROW this evening at Gomes Park in Fremont, a small park due east of Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. This may be a first county record for Alameda. (I see no previous eBird records, but i didn't do any other research.) His excellent photos were posted to the Fremont Birding Circle group on Facebook a short time ago:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1516346665303799/permalink/1953538574917937/

The GPS coordinates of the spot he photographed the bird are: 37.550555, -121.954072

I'll see a lot of you at that park tomorrow morning, i'm sure.

Bob Toleno
Hayward