more Heather Farm Park sightings

rosita94598

Yesterday evening, a Cackling Goose was on the north ball fields with about 200 Canada Geese and one Greater White-fronted Goose.  It was there again tonight, but there were only about 120 Canada Geese.

This morning Tracy Farrington, Fred Safier, some others and I saw an Osprey try at least twice to catch a fish in the large, mostly natural pond.  It was not successful while we were watching.

The Tropical Kingbird continued near the wooden railing on the east side of the same pond.

Heather Farm Park is in the Ygnacio Valley of Walnut Creek.

Hugh B. Harvey