Tropical Kingbird - Heather Farm, Walnut Creek - 10/8

Paul Schorr

At 12:45, we had excellent views of the Tropical Kingbird when it perched on dead branches of a willow on the north side of the wooden railing which is located on the east side of the natural pond. We had seen the bird from the opposite side of the pond when it was perched, preening and fly-catching from a tall snag about 100+ yards north of the wooden railing. Our son from CO surprised us with a visit on Saturday and this was a life bird that we “promised” him. Whew!

Good birding,

Paul and Nancy Schorr, Antioch
Robert Schorr, CO