Ardenwood Farm (10/6/17) - 9-Warbler + Plumbeous Vireo Day

Jerry Ting

It's a 9-Warbler (Bay-breasted, Tennessee, Nashville, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Townsend's and Black-throated Gray) plus Plumbeous Vireo day at Ardenwood Farm!  More than 20 birders/photographers enjoyed watching the Bay-breasted Warbler routinely came to the fountain every 40 minutes between 10:15 am - 4:05 pm.  Here is a shot of the bird:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jerryting/36832751424/in/photostream/

At around 1:30pm a Plumbeous Vireo and the continuing Tennessee Warbler showed up at the same time. The Plumbeous Vireo is all gray above and shows very fainted wash yellow on the flank.  Here is a profile shot of the bird: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jerryting/37511310172/in/dateposted/

Around 2:20 pm a Nashville Warbler flew into trees behind the fountain and Mark Rauzon got a couple of shots of it.

I noticed that most of the birds that came to the fountain today have developed some kind of disease on the beak which most likely is caused by the water,  The Bay-breasted and Tennessee Warbler image took by Rudy 3 days ago (10/3/2017) didn't show any lump but they are both infected today.  I will report the problem to the park administrator and ask them to fix the fountain ASAP.

Please note that Ardenwood will have a special event this weekend and there will be a $10 entrance fee regardless you are an EBRPD member or not.  The park is open from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Here is my complete eBird report with more diagnosis photos of Bay-breasted warbler and Plumbeous Vireo:

Happy Birding,

Jerry Ting

Fremont