Pt. Pinole Eurasian Collared Doves

Sheila Dickie

I forgot to add to my earlier post that at Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline Park on Sunday, Sept. 24. 2 p.m. there were two Eurasian Collared Doves perched on wires in the main parking lot off Giant Highway. They were enjoying drinking out of the dogs water dish and were still there when I left at 6 p.m. This is the first time I have seen collared doves in the park. Sometimes there are a few Mourning Doves to be seen. Also seen for the first time but a few weeks ago now, a small flock of Wild Turkeys (two adults with young) who seem to have disappeared into the vegetation.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond