Golden Gate Audubon Second Friday Bird Walk 05.12.2017 Inspiration Trail

Alan Kaplan

Friends!

EBMUD Inspiration Trail/Nimitz Loop, Contra Costa, California, US
May 12, 2017 8:30 AM - 11:55 AM

 Golden Gate Audubon Society Second Friday Bird Walk, met at Inspiration Point and walked on the Inspiration Trail that starts nearby (EBMUD permit required). "Bird" of the Day was Canis latrans, the Coyote; we saw at least two, one of which flushed Wild Turkeys for us! Two Lazuli Buntings were First of Season for many in the party.

Here are the 37 species seen by our 20 observers:

California Quail
Wild Turkey
Double-crested Cormorant     flyover
Great Blue Heron       flyover
Turkey Vulture      makes it official!
Red-tailed Hawk
Band-tailed Pigeon
Anna's Hummingbird
Rufous Hummingbird
Acorn Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Western Wood-Pewee
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Hutton's Vireo   pair gathering nesting material
Steller's Jay
California Scrub-Jay
Common Raven
Tree Swallow
Violet-green Swallow
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Bushtit
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Bewick's Wren
Wrentit
Western Bluebird
Orange-crowned Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Dark-eyed Junco
Song Sparrow
California Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Black-headed Grosbeak
Lazuli Bunting       FOS for many observers
House Finch
Purple Finch
Lesser Goldfinch

Best of Boids!

Alan Kaplan

Please use my new email address from now on:

Thanks,
Alan Kaplan