Eagles at Sibley Preserve

George A Suennen

Hello all,

Stopped by Sibley Preserve today and spotted a pair of large raptors at three different times. I think they are Golden Eagles, but given my history of not knowing an immature Bald Eagle from a large hawk, I would appreciate a confirmation of the sighting.

Of the two birds, one liked to soar like a Red-tailed Hawk. The second one was always in a diving position, like it was trying to get away or fighting the wind. For the first few photos I lightened them in Photoshop Elements to enhance the details of the bird.

The photos are posted on my website at:

http://birds.avianist.com/2017/170429-Sibley-Preserve/170429-Eagles

Thanks,

George