Re: Looks like we missed the Big Spawn this year?

Steven Tucker

I birded Ferry Point on the falling tide on Friday to check for any herring-related bird activity. Judging by both the lack of gulls and lack of diving ducks nearby, there was no visible evidence of a recent herring run.

Steve Tucker
Albany

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Noah Arthur semirelicta@... [EBB_Sightings]
wrote:

I had slacked off on checking the CDFW Herring website in the past week, and just today noticed that they reported a Point Richmond spawn over a week ago. I'm guessing this was "the big one" that occurs around Pt. Richmond as late as mid-Feb, and it's likely winding down by now... I haven't seen any gull reports from the area this week... Did anybody bird this spawn?

Noah