Longspurs continue at Mt Trashmore, Hayward RS

Dave Weber

Hi Birders-

I went to Mt Trashmore, end of Winton Ave at Hayward Regional Shoreline early this morning. Along with other birders I observed well a Lapland Longspur and a male Chestnut-collared Longspur, both toward the north end of the field, but they were also seen flying to other areas. Judging by the number of birds flushed and also heard in flight, I believe there were at least three Laplands and possibly two Chestnut-collareds there. When I left at 10:40 a flock of 45 Cackling Geese flew past heading north.

Dave Weber,
Milpitas