Re: The Shooting

Brooke Pinto

Good evening, all,

As you know, there was a shooting that occurred last night in Dupont Circle. The victim is stable and a suspect has been apprehended and a weapon retrieved. This incident is very concerning for all of us as we work to simultaneously determine what happened and how we can prevent this from happening again. Commander Bedlion from MPD has been in the neighborhood all evening; however, to supplement the efforts of MPD going forward, our office has asked the National Park Service to increase their presence and patrolling in the area. The National Mall and Memorial Parks Service has jurisdiction over Dupont Circle.

As always, please always reach out to our office with any concerns or questions. We will continue to keep you all apprised of our efforts and will do everything we can to keep our community safe. Thank you for sticking together during this time.

My best,
Brooke
bpinto@...
Office: (202) 724-8058