RPi 64bit not finding serial port for ThumbDV across reboots

Ben Cranston

Greetings All,
I've got the code compiled on my RPi4 in 64bit mode.  Works great.  I have a USB ThumbDV connected and want to use that for the vocoding.  The system shows it as being on /dev/ttyUSB1 but DroidStar is not listing it as a choice.  I get "Software Vocoder" or "/dev/ttyAMA0"..  I'm not sure how to debug this.  I can get it running by some magical sequence of unplugging USB serial adapters and the ThumbDV until the port shows up in the DroidStar menu box.  Then it will persist until I have to reboot.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks.

-Ben