Cant connect using DUDE STAR

w1av

I have my Radio ID from "RadioID" website. I have my Brandmeister account with password activated. Itr refuses to connect. The only field I dont have filled out is "TGIF PASSWORD" there was no mention of needing this when I registered. This is exhausting and unnecessary.

Scott Clifton

It takes a few days for your registration to get into the Droidstar system.

Steve, KB9MWR

If this is exhausting and unnecessary your other options are to purchase a radio and or hotspot.  Don't forget to take into account programming the radio and setting up the hotspot.

It's no wonder the program author no longer wishes to be inundated with support emails.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022, 8:06 PM w1av via groups.io <bobruzzo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I have my Radio ID from "RadioID" website. I have my Brandmeister account with password activated. Itr refuses to connect. The only field I dont have filled out is "TGIF PASSWORD" there was no mention of needing this when I registered. This is exhausting and unnecessary.

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

You only need TGIF password if you are going to use TGIF.

If you take notes on the steps you need to take to get this working, I'll add them to my web page http://qsl.net/n1ea/droidstar/

Here's some of what I have for this excellent program:

Steps to using DroidStar:

To start the process of using DroidStar you have to have an amateur radio license and register at https://www.radioid.net/account/register#! to obtain a DMR ID.
After that is finished and you obtain your DMR identification number from http://radioid.net, go to https://brandmeister.network/ and register.
Then go back to https://www.radioid.net/account/dashboard#! and use the "BM Integration" button to send information to Brandmeister Network. I cannot redo this to verify because I already have done it, so if you receive instructions from Brandmeister, follow those instead.
Go to http://tgif.network/ and register as well.
Confusing name in DroidStar Configuration! README!

The thing that fouls most people up on DroidStar is that the TGIF Pass setting isn't the http://tgif.network/ site password, it is the "hotspot security key" that you have to use, even if your not using a hotspot. You can find this by going to http://tgif.network/ and logging in with your call sign (not your email address) and your site password, then at the top right hand side you will see your call sign, click on that callsign, and select "user security", then you will see a screen with your DMR ID and your Hotspot Security Key (If you don't see a Hotspot Security Key, click the GREEN button with the clockwise pointing arrows), copy the Hotspot Security Key using the BLUE button, then return to Droid Star, and under Settings tab, go to TGIF Pass (I know it's the wrong name, but that's the way the software was written) and paste your Hotspot Security Key into the TGIF password field.

While your on http://tgif.network/ open up your http://qrz.com/ page, and under the Detail tab, find your latitude and longitude, in the Western Hemisphere north of the equator, the latitude is a positive number and the longitude is a negative number. Enter that information along with your location into the Droid Star Settings tab.

Once you enter the TGIF Hotspot Security Key into the TGIF pass field, it might disappear but it will be written into your settings on DroidStar.

You need to install the DroidStar Vocoder manually!

If you are looking for the DroidStar Vocoder URL that you need for DroidStar Settings tab, "Vocoder URL", you can find them here:

The most commonly needed one is the 64 bit one for Android smart phone or tablet. http://pizzanbeer.net/plugins/vocoder_plugin.android.arm64
The 32 bit vocoder for 32 bit Android is here: http://pizzanbeer.net/plugins/vocoder_plugin.android.arm

This YouTube video might prove helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMf4yAp65BI

73

David N1EA

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022, 9:06 PM w1av via groups.io <bobruzzo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I have my Radio ID from "RadioID" website. I have my Brandmeister account with password activated. Itr refuses to connect. The only field I dont have filled out is "TGIF PASSWORD" there was no mention of needing this when I registered. This is exhausting and unnecessary.

n4byu@...

The picture only shows 6 digits in your id.  I believe it should be 7 digits.
Roy   N4BYU

n4byu@...

I believe the dmrid needs to be 7 digits. I only see 6..
Roy  N4BYU