Topics

Ima

Avi Ben Zev <abz@...>

For those who are fortunate enough to still be blessed by having your
Mom with you, this is

beautiful.....

For those who aren't..... it is even more beautiful:

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long
way?" she asked. And the

guide said "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you
reach the end of it. But

the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that
anything could be better than

these years. So she played with her children, she fed them and bathed
them, and taught them how

to tie their shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed the dog,
and do their homework and

brush their teeth. The sun shone on them, and the young Mother
cried, "Nothing will ever be

lovelier than this."

Then the nights came, and the storms, and the path was sometimes
dark, and the children shook

with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them
with her arms, and the

children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no
harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children
climbed and grew weary, and

the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, "A
little patience and we are

there." So the children climbed, and as they climbed they learned to
weather the storms.

And with this, she gave them strength to face the world. Year after
year, she showed them

compassion, understanding, hope, but most of all....unconditional
love. And when they reached

the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."
The days went on, and the

weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she
became little and bent. But

her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And the
mother, when she lay down

at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than
the last, for my children

have learned so much and are now passing these traits on to their
children." And when the way

became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave her their strength,
just as she had given them

hers. One day they came to a hill, and beyond the hill, they could
see a shining road and

golden gates flung wide. And mother said: "I have reached the end of
my journey.

And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children
can walk with dignity and

pride, with their heads held high, and so can their children after
them."

And the children said, "You will always walk with us, Mother, even
when you have gone through the

gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the
gates closed after her. And

they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother
like ours is more than a memory.

She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as
you walk down the street,

she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and
perfume that she wore, she's

the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your
breath in the air on a cold

winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep,
the colors of a rainbow,

she is early morning. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And
she's crystallized in every

tear drop. A mother shows every emotion.......... happiness, sadness,
fear, jealousy, love, hate,

anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow.....and all the while,
hoping and praying you will

only know the good feelings in life. She's the place you came from,
your first home, and she's

the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love,
your first friend, even your

first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not
space..............not even death!

The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they
must be

felt with the heart ~Helen Keller~

Joshua B. Wachtfogel <apodicti@...>

How beautiful and inspiring, cousin shea