Topics

Decision time

Avi Ben Zev <abz@...>

Hi everyone,
It has been a long 5 and 1/2 years since part of me died and only
recently do I feel strong enough to begin looking back with a focus
instead of blurred vision.
There are only 11 of us on this list and it has been completely quiet
for over three months.
I have the option of erasing this list or leaving it.
Only one or two people have been involved in email writing so I am
forced to assume most want to lurk and read about Rachel Z"L. Sort of
a TV soap opera on the net.
Is this correct or am I missing something?
Your imput is wanted for my next decision.
Take care and I hope to be in touch.
Avi

Rappeport Family <rappeport@...>

Avi and all,

I loved Rachel.  She taught me a lot, the most important thing is a bit about myself.

When Rachel passed away, I realized that I am not afraid of dying.  But I want to live my life in a way in which, when I do go, people will remember me as a "doer", as someone who did her best to make her little corner of the world a little better place, and tried to ease things for the people around her.

That's how I remember Rachel.  She was a doer -- in work, in her family life, and in her involvement in the community.  And whatever she did, she  did WITH A SMILE and the greatest amount of optimism imaginable.

I don't know what a group like this can do to perpetuate her memory, but I'm always happy to remain a member.  If you decide to close the group, I don't think that anyone will think that there's anything amiss...just that another avenue might be better suited for memoralizing her.

Margalit (yours) spoke once about collecting people's memories of Rachel and making it into a book.  That would be wonderful.  My father passed away before I was married, so his grandchildren never knew him.  But I wish now that I had made some kind of collection like that, so that his grandchildren would know him through the memories that people had of him.

With all my best wishes, laurie

rom: "Avi Ben Zev"

>To: DaughtersBenZev@...
>Subject: [DaughtersBenZev] Decision time
>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:41:04 -0000
>

>Hi everyone,
>It has been a long 5 and 1/2 years since part of me died and only
>recently do I feel strong enough to begin looking back with a focus
>instead of blurred vision.
>There are only 11 of us on this list and it has been completely quiet
>for over three months.
>I have the option of erasing this list or leaving it.
>Only one or two people have been involved in email writing so I am
>forced to assume most want to lurk and read about Rachel Z"L. Sort of
>a TV soap opera on the net.
>Is this correct or am I missing something?
>Your imput is wanted for my next decision.
>Take care and I hope to be in touch.
>Avi

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!

Avraham Ben Zev <abz@...>

Thanks Laurie,

I agree with all you have written.
Death AND Life are not to be afraid of or to be put off.  They are doorways of opportunities and growth.
I learned much from Rachel and I feel that I am one of her representatives here on this creation of G-d's that we know as home.

Actually, Margalit is in a two week dead line to finish up the gathering and that is one of the reasons I have written.
If nothing more comes soon, it will be academic.
Take care everyone,
Avi

I loved Rachel.  She taught me a lot, the most important thing is a bit about myself.

When Rachel passed away, I realized that I am not afraid of dying.  But I want to live my life in a way in which, when I do go, people will remember me as a "doer", as someone who did her best to make her little corner of the world a little better place, and tried to ease things for the people around her.

That's how I remember Rachel.  She was a doer -- in work, in her family life, and in her involvement in the community.  And whatever she did, she  did WITH A SMILE and the greatest amount of optimism imaginable.

I don't know what a group like this can do to perpetuate her memory, but I'm always happy to remain a

  member.  If you decide to close the group, I don't think that anyone will think that there's anything amiss...just that another avenue might be better suited for memoralizing her.

Margalit (yours) spoke once about collecting people's memories of Rachel and making it into a book.  That would be wonderful.  My father passed away before I was married, so his grandchildren never knew him.  But I wish now that I had made some kind of collection like that, so that his grandchildren would know him through the memories that people had of him.

With all my best wishes, laurie

rom: "Avi Ben Zev"

>To: DaughtersBenZev@...
>Subject: [DaughtersBenZev] Decision time
>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:41:04 -0000
>

>Hi everyone,
>It has been a long 5 and 1/2 years since part of me died and only
>recently do I feel strong enough to begin looking back with a focus
>instead of blurred vision.
>There are only 11 of us on this list and it has been completely quiet
>for over three months.
>I have the option of erasing this list or leaving it.
>Only one or two people have been involved in email writing so I am
>forced to assume most want to lurk and read about Rachel Z"L. Sort of
>a TV soap opera on the net.
>Is this correct or am I missing something?
>Your imput is wanted for my next decision.
>Take care and I hope to be in touch.
>Avi

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!

Rappeport Family <rappeport@...>

Avi,

I saw that you put out something on the Tzfat yahoogroup -- maybe you should also add something to a local newsletter (are you subscribed...mortsmo@...)?  It comes out a few times weekly, and the people who put it out gather items and send the newsletter out every time they have 7 or 8 items.  I believe that they have many more subscribers than the yahoogroup (as of now, though I see that the group is growing), so it might be worthwhile to post something there.

Love to Arlene and the kiddlings, big and little.  Laurie