Two Arps

NGC 3981 (Arp 289, "double galaxy with wind effects") is the disrupted spiral in the lower right quadrant; there is some dispute as to whether it is a double galaxy:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc3981-LRGB.jpg

NGC 4027 (Apr 22, "one-armed spiral with companion") is in the upper left quadrant; the companion is 4027a just to the south.  The bright blue star is SAO 157042, magnitude 5.3.

NGC 3981 1.3X crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc3981-LRGBcrop.jpg

NGC 4027  1.3X crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ncg4027-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB,  11.6 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Great work once again, Gregg! I particularly enjoy the wispy tidal arms you captured coming off NGC 3981.

MJ

Hi all: