From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2020 6:28 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] The Red Galaxy

Hi all:

IC 342 is a large face-on spiral that would appear much brighter if if didn't lie in the galactic plane. Intervening dust makes IC 342 appear somewhat red:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic342-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 18 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Joe Ziha

Very cool!

Joe

On Oct 23, 2020, at 5:28 PM, Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@...> wrote:

Hi all:

IC 342 is a large face-on spiral that would appear much brighter if if didn't lie in the galactic plane. Intervening dust makes IC 342 appear somewhat red:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic342-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 18 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Nice Gregg. It is tough to pull detail out of this one due to all the dust in the way.

IC 342 is a large face-on spiral that would appear much brighter if if didn't lie in the galactic plane. Intervening dust makes IC 342 appear somewhat red:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic342-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 18 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Madhup Rathi

Great shot.