Sh2-86

Sh2-86 is a large and fairly bright emission nebula in Vulpecula. The last time I imaged it was in 2007, so I figured it was time for a revisit:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Sh2-86_HaLRGB.jpg

NGC 6823 is the open cluster at the center of the nebula.  NGC 6820 is a small, fan-shaped bright nebula embedded in the surrounding nebulosity:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc6820_HaLRGBcrop.jpg

HaLRGB, 15.75 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Did it change shape in the 14 years?

Sh2-86 is a large and fairly bright emission nebula in Vulpecula. The last time I imaged it was in 2007, so I figured it was time for a revisit:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Sh2-86_HaLRGB.jpg

NGC 6823 is the open cluster at the center of the nebula. NGC 6820 is a small, fan-shaped bright nebula embedded in the surrounding nebulosity:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc6820_HaLRGBcrop.jpg

HaLRGB, 15.75 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Not much that I could discern. My original image was made with an SBIG ST-2000 and a Tak Sky-90 (and primitive processing skills 😜).

On Jun 7, 2021, at 1:01 PM, Brian Ottum <ottum@comcast.net> wrote:

Gregg,
Did it change shape in the 14 years?

Sh2-86 is a large and fairly bright emission nebula in Vulpecula. The last time I imaged it was in 2007, so I figured it was time for a revisit:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Sh2-86_HaLRGB.jpg

NGC 6823 is the open cluster at the center of the nebula. NGC 6820 is a small, fan-shaped bright nebula embedded in the surrounding nebulosity:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc6820_HaLRGBcrop.jpg

HaLRGB, 15.75 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

William McLaughlin <IC5070@...>

Looks good. I probably need to redo mine from DSNM. I took mine back in 2016 from home.

http://astrogarden.jalbum.net/Nebulae/#S-80

Beautiful Gregg. Lovely color and detail.

Sh2-86 is a large and fairly bright emission nebula in Vulpecula. The last time I imaged it was in 2007, so I figured it was time for a revisit:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Sh2-86_HaLRGB.jpg

NGC 6823 is the open cluster at the center of the nebula. NGC 6820 is a small, fan-shaped bright nebula embedded in the surrounding nebulosity:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc6820_HaLRGBcrop.jpg

HaLRGB, 15.75 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Joe Ziha

I really like to beautiful colors in this image, Gregg!

Joe

Hi all: