Topics

Sh2-177

Gregg Ruppel

Hi all

Sh2-177 is a faint area of emission nebulosity near the 4.2 magnitude star kappa Cas:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/sh2-177-HaLRGB.jpg

There are a few interesting objects in the FOV, here's a map:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/sh2-177-HaLRGBmap.jpg

King 14, NGC 146 & 133 lie just to the north of kappa Cas:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/King14_NGC146_NGC133.jpg

Sh2-179 (also PK121+0.1) is a tiny planetary nebula near the left border:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Sh2-179_PK121+0.jpg

HaLRGB, 9.8 hours total exposure from Dark Skies New Mexico

Really nice work. I would never have guessed there were that many objects in the FOV without the map. On my monitor there is a green hue on the right side of the image. You might try HLVG if you have it or SCNR in Pixinsight.