Topics

Sextans B

Dan Crowson

Sextans B (UGC 5373 and others) is an irregular galaxy located approximately 4.5 million light-years away in Sextans. This galaxy, probably a member of the Local Group, has five identified planetary nebulae as well as a globular cluster. Unfortunately, none of these are visible with my resolution.

Luminance – 24x600s – 240 minutes – binned 1x1

RGB – 8x300s – 40 minutes each – binned 2x2

360 minutes total exposure – 6 hours

Imaged March 21st, 24th and 26th and April 18th, 2017 from Dark Sky New Mexico at Rancho Hidalgo (Animas, New Mexico) with a SBIG STF-8300M on an Astro-Tech AT12RCT at f/8 2432mm.

LRGB - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dcrowson/34354428433/sizes/l

Nice Dan.

Sextans B (UGC 5373 and others) is an irregular galaxy located approximately 4.5 million light-years away in Sextans. This galaxy, probably a member of the Local Group, has five identified planetary nebulae as well as a globular cluster. Unfortunately, none of these are visible with my resolution.

Luminance – 24x600s – 240 minutes – binned 1x1

RGB – 8x300s – 40 minutes each – binned 2x2

360 minutes total exposure – 6 hours

Imaged March 21st, 24th and 26th and April 18th, 2017 from Dark Sky New Mexico at Rancho Hidalgo (Animas, New Mexico) with a SBIG STF-8300M on an Astro-Tech AT12RCT at f/8 2432mm.

LRGB - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dcrowson/34354428433/sizes/l

Mark Hanson

Dan,
Great shot! That's a dim one.